For this recipe I'd like to high light the beer battered frozen cod fillets available at Neufeld Farms. It's a tasty meal you can have on the table in 20 minutes and feel like you were treated for dinner on a sea side patio. If you do not live in the vicinity, try your favorite ready to cook fillets, baked or pan fried. This recipe serves 4 adults.
- 10 3 oz frozen, battered cod fillets
- 10 small/medium size flour tortillas
- 4 cups broccoli slaw mix (home shredded or packaged)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- juice of one lime
- 2 - 3 Tbsp cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 mango, sliced (optional)
- Line baking pan with foil and bake fillets at 400 F for 20 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix the dressing for the slaw by mashing the avocado with a fork, then mixing in the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, green onion, salt and pepper. Mix into shredded broccoli.
- Peel and slice mango
- Warm the tortillas by heating a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla at a time, flipping to warm both sides. Stack on serving plate
- Enjoy! (let each person fill warm shells with a fillet, slightly separated to spread, a serving of slaw and a slice of mango.)