This light refreshing blended grapefruit vinaigrette is one of my favourite summer flavours. The dressing whips up in seconds in your blender and then can be drizzled over your salad just before serving. I buy a box of pink grapefruit in cups with juice in the refrigerator section at the big box store. It keeps in the refrigerator for quick treats and for this dressing.
- 2/3 cup pink grapefruit
- 1/3 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- Place all ingredients in blender jar and process until smooth. Transfer dressing to a jar with a lid and refrigerate.
- red or sweet white onion rings
- sliced cucumber
- avocado slices
- pink grapefruit sections
- Layer spinach, onion rings, avocado slices and grapefruit sections in that order. Toss just before serving.
- Give the dressing a good shake and drizzle over salad just before serving.