If you have milk and eggs on hand, it's not too late to mix up batch of crepes for breakfast, brunch or dessert. For the filling in these crepes I mixed cream cheese and whipped cream (you could use either one on its own), topped with cherry jam. Any red jam of fruit compote made with plums, rhubarb or strawberries is great!
(for 6 large crepes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup robin hood multigrain flour (or white)
- 1 Tbps butter for cooking
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- cherry jam, strawberry rhubarb jam or fruit compote
- icing sugar for dusting
- Beat eggs, milk, flour, salt and flour, using electric hand mixer, until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat non-stick pan between low and medium. Spread thinly with a dab of butter.
- Lifting the pan, pour about 1/3 cup of batter into top part of pan, tilting and rotating until pan is coated.
- Place on heat and cook until set. Flip over and cook other side. Repeat, spreading butter for every other crepe.
- For two people, stack 2 or 3 crepes on each plate.
- Beat cream cheese and whipped cream separately, then beat together and add vanilla. Spread about 2 - 4 Tbsp of cream cheese mixture on one half side of top crepe. Top generously with jam or compote. Fold the other half over the filling, then fold once or twice again. Dust with icing sugar. To eat, roll bottom crepe along with top crepe and enjoy!