Spring is just around the corner in spite of all the snow. I thought these citrus flavored cookies were just the thing to welcome spring! The flavor of the glaze is quite citrusy so if you want you can decrease the amount of juice and use water instead.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg, lime zest, lime juice, and buttermilk.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on parchment lined pans.
- Bake at 350º for 9 minutes or just until the edges are golden in color.
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Yields: 32 cookies
- Glaze while still warm.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Mix well, spread on cookies and sprinkle bits of lime zest on top.
Lime juice and zest used for this recipe is from one medium sized lime.
I needed taste testers and found a few close by!