Even the most "bake from scratch everytime" cook needs to have a few tricks up her sleeve.
This one will be out of the bag now and when I present these tasty light little pudding cakes for intimate dinner parties....they will not worry that I fussed in the kitchen all day.
Once you have combined your two bags of mix....the bags can be stored in your pantry and portion control can be excersised when needed.
When my friend Jill sent me the link to these easy little 3-2-1 cakes I went straight to my test kitchen....
boxes of mix in hand and made little cakes until I found a version that was good enough to offer my
man for dessert.
Two Mixes for Pudding Cakes
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box regular chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Combine the angel food and regular cake mix together in a one gallon sized zipper plastic bag.
- Combine the brown sugar and cocoa in a quart sized zipper plastic bag.
Directions for Hot Little Pudding Cakes
- 3 tablespoons cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa-brown sugar mix
- 2 tablespoons hot coffee or hot water
- Spray a 7-8 ounce microwave safe ramekin or a similar sized custard cup with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cake mix and sour cream.
- Use a small spatula to scrape it into the ramekin and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the cocoa brown sugar mix evenly over top.
- Pour hot coffee/hot water over the brown sugar cocoa mix....but don't stir!
- Put in the microwave on high speed for one minute.
- Carefully remove. Put a small plate on top and tip both the ramekin and plate over together. Lift the ramekin to reveal the cake with the dab of hot pudding on top.
- Serve warm with a dollop of icecream and a warm embrace.
Happy Valentines Day!