I made this cake for our Valentine's potluck at our clubhouse and received lots of complements and requests for the recipe !
I used raspberry jelly but you could use strawberry, apricot or peach jelly or cherry pie pie filling.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp flour ( for gluten free 2 tbsp featherlight rice flour + sm pinch of xanthan gum)
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flaked or blanched whole almonds
1. Put eggs and sugar in blender and whir until mixed.
2. Add all other ingredients and process for 2 minutes.
3. Line two round cake pans with parchment paper and divide batter between the two pans.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Let cool then remove from pans , remove parchment paper before assembling layers.
note -- I made the recipe twice and used three layers for my cake - you can use as many or few layers as you wish. - use the extra batter for cup cakes and decorate as desired.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup berry sugar
- 3 tsp instant vanilla pudding
- one room temp. brick of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla pudding until stiff then set aside ....
- Beat cream cheese and icing sugar , then gradually stir in the whipped cream.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, heat to boiling, sieve out the seeds, leaving 1 cup juice.
- add 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp certo crystals, bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- chill before using
- Put layers together with whipped cream/ cream cheese, drizzling raspberry over top
- Cover sides and bottom with whipped mixture again drizzling the raspberry jelly generously on top and sides, swirling with a knife.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds on top of cake if desired.