Chicken breasts baked in a Dijon wine and cream sauce. Simple, quick, delicious.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom fry pan. Add chicken breasts and lightly brown on both sides, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Stir together mustard and wine. Add to pan and allow to simmer lightly along with the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Place chicken pieces in a casserole dish. Pour hot cream mixture over and bake in 350º oven for 20 minutes. Half way through baking baste the meat with the sauce it's baking in.