This recipe is all over Facebook these day, and my daughter just had to try them and treated our family to fresh, soft baked goodness that not only tastes good but it good for you too.
They are gluten free if you use gluten free oats, no added sugar, dairy free, egg free. Definitely not a sugary sweet cookie, so how can they possibly taste good? Trust me, they are tasty. I have made them a few times now and this time I added dark chocolate chips. Give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.
- 3 mashed overripe bananas (they are naturally sweeter)
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats, not instant
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of any of the following- raisins, craisins, nuts, chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients in the order given.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Drop cookies a tablespoon at a time.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes in a preheated 350 degrees oven.