I bake a lot of muffins and this one is a keeper. A perfect muffin to add to your brunch menu or to enjoy any time!
My sister served these delicious muffins at a Bible study in her home many years ago and shared the recipe with me.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup coconut..I prefer angel flake but shredded is fine too.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, egg, sour cream, and rum extract until well blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients, just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Fold in pineapple and coconut.
- Scoop into a greased 12 muffin pan.
- Bake at 375º for 20 to 25 minutes, until done and golden in color.