While on holidays this spring we ate at a little bistro in Balboa Park and I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich on white sour dough bread. There were just a few extras tucked in with the cheese that made for a most tasty grilled cheese. Hardly a recipe....but it's a great combo of flavours.
- white or whole wheat sour dough bread, two slices per person
- white cheddar cheese, slice enough to generously cover bread slices
- pesto sauce
- 1 small can Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- butter, room temperature
Method: I know...you hardly need a method for making such a simple sandwich:)
- Spread butter on outsides of each slice of bread.
- Slice enough cheese to generously cover one unbuttered side of each sandwich.
- Spread pesto on other slice of sandwich and top with well drained Italian diced tomatoes.
- Sandwich together and place on grill set to medium or use a sandwich press.
- Grill until cheese is melted and sandwich is well toasted.