Sometimes failure is the path to something good !
I was trying out a new cookie recipe I developed and found that they did not hold their shape in the oven, but the flavour/texture was so good that I didn't want to mess with changing ingredients.
So I spread the cookie batter on a cookie sheet , baked it and let it cool slightly, then using my pizza cutter cut the pan into squares.
They have a great flavour, slightly chewy.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. butterscotch flavouring
- 1 tsp soda
- 2 tsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oat flour (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup white bean flour
- 3/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In mixer, beat butter with sugars , then add the eggs and flavourings
- Dissolve soda in the hot water and add to the liquids
- Mix dry ingredients well and add all at once to liquids and mix until smooth ... stir in chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (important) and spread dough evenly in pan .
- Bake at 350 degrees... for about 20 minutes. The cookies will puff up, then settle back down as they turn brown and firm up.
- Remove from oven .. let sit for a couple of minutes, then cut into squares with pizza wheel. Let cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy .. or sneak them into the freezer! (They are great keepers for several days and do freeze well )