Ingredients for crust:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Melt butter.
- Stir together crumbs and brown sugar.
- Pour melted butter over crumb mixture and stir well.
- Press into bottom of lightly greased 10" spring form pan. Set aside.
Ingredients for filling:
- 3 -8 ounce packages regular cream cheese, room temperature (not light)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin (not ready to use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and beat well.
- Crack eggs into a smaller bowl and whisk until pale yellow and frothy.
- Add eggs to cream cheese mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
- Using the same bowl as you used for the eggs stir together pumpkin and spices.
- Add pumpkin mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat on low until just incorporated.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Gentle fold whipped cream into pumpkin cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Wrap one large sheet of foil around bottom and sides of pan. Press against sides.
- Place wrapped pan in a baking dish and fill with hot water halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake in oven that is preheated to 325º. For convection oven heat to 300º.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Cake will still be jiggly in the centre but will set as it cools.
- Cool at room temperature. Remove foil and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours to chill and allow to completely set.
- Remove the ring of the spring form pan, and place onto cake plate.
Butterscotch whipped cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp instant butterscotch pudding powder
- Whip cream until very soft peaks begin to form.
- Add vanilla and pudding powder. Beat until thick.
- Decorate and serve.
Note: After baking you can keep in refrigerator for 3-4 days. Cover loosely. Add cream when ready to serve.
Any left over cheesecake freezes well. For best results allow to thaw in refrigerator.