Of course I make it gluten free but I've heard no complaints on this recipe.
It is always served warm with ice-cream at our house ... but it is good cold with whipped cream too.
- 4 cups chopped fruit - apples, plums, apricots, peaches, rhubarb - whatever is fresh in season or in your freezer!
- 2 tbsp instant tapioca
- 2 tbsp sugar if fruit is tart
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 rounded tbsp. white corn flour (or brown rice flour)
- 1 rounded tbsp potato starch
- millet flour to fill 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup gf oat flakes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 envelope of vanilla sugar
- Sprinkle tapioca on bottom of large pie plate
- Spread prepared fruit and sprinkle with sugar if desired
- In 1/2 cup put white corn flour and potato starch and then fill measuring cup with millet flour
- Mix sugar, flour, oat flakes and vanilla sugar in bowl
- Cut in the butter evenly into dry ingredients
- Pour crumbs over the fruit
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.