This is a recipe that is more for inspiration than detailed instructions, because you can use whatever vegetables you like and basically cooking time depends on the temperature of your grill and how well you like them done. I usually find that you can never make too much. Everyone gravitates toward the colorful display that is quite a random mix. I will try my best to remember this one. I did not add red onion in this one, but that would have been a good addition to the flavor.
- 1 small eggplant (optional)
- a handful of pea pods
- 1 small green zucchini
- 1 small yellow zucchini
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 baby bok choy
- 1 red onion
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic
- drizzle olive oil - maybe 4 Tbsp
- I don't have it in this mix, but asparagus is a great addition
- Chop up eggplant and cover in salted water for at least 1/2 hour, until ready to grill.
- Slice the rest of the vegetables and set aside until ready to grill.
- Drain egg plant and place in vegetable grilling basket to get a head start.
- In the meantime, mix the rest of the veggies, except for the bok choy, with olive oil and crushed garlic
- Add to egg plant in grilling basket after about 5 - 10 minutes. Cook, stirring often, for about 20 - 30 minutes, adding sliced bok choy for final 5 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature.