- 1 cup ginger-snap cookie crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 oz. / 125 ml cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 4 peaches (Fruit Fresh or lemon juice, optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon peach or apricot brandy
- Prepare a simple syrup for the peaches by combining the brown sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool. Stir in brandy. Soak peaches in boiling water for about 10 seconds. Transfer to a bowl of ice-water for a few moments. Peel and slice the peaches, tossing with a little 'fruit fresh' or lemon juice if desired (to prevent browning). Mix syrup and peaches and refrigerate for several hours.
- To prepare the base, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Pack crumbs into the bottom of 10 parfait glasses (or 10 x 125 ml. mason jars).
- For cream filling...combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff. In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and icing sugar; beat until smooth. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and whip to combine well. Carefully add cream layer to the parfait glasses. Refrigerate.
- Just before serving, top each parfait with marinated peach slices. Drizzle with a spoonful of syrup. Garnish with lemon balm or mint sprig.