Chocolate pudding was one of my favorite desserts growing up. I thought about that recently and how my mom used to serve it in a little bowl . . . and we'd pour milk on top. After many years now, I had to try it. It's still good.
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 4 tbsp flour OR 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 6 Tbsp Nestle Quik (or 4 Tbsp Nestle plus 2 Tbsp baking cocoa)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- In a small pot, just below medium heat, bring 1 1/2 cups milk to almost boil
- In the meantime, in a small bowl or 4-cup measuring cup, mix dry ingredients, then stir in 1/4 cup milk to make a smooth paste.
- Stir in egg yolks well, then the final 1/4 cup milk
- When the milk in the pot begins to show tiny bubbles along the side and a bit of skin forming on top, stir in the chocolate mix and keep stirring with whisk until smooth and bubbly. (if lumps appear they will disappear with stirring)
- Pour into four rameskin dishes or individual dessert bowls, cover with saran wrap and allow to set and cool in fridge.