Chopped dates and chocolate chips pair well together
for a coffee break treat.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup rice krispies
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped dates (or raisins)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter. Add sugar, egg, water and beat well.
- Add flour, oat bran, baking soda and baking powder. Beat until incorporated with butter mixture.
- Add rice krispies, chocolate chips and dates.
- Bake at 350º for 9-11 minutes. Remove to cooling rack immediately. Yields 2 dozen.