Ingredients: for 4-6 subs
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (your favorite)
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, get your hands in there and mix it up well
- Form 1 1/2" meatballs and place on pan
- Bake in 400º oven for 20 minutes
- Take out and lean your pan on a bit of an angle so any fat runs off the meat
- Transfer meatballs into the casserole with the sauce and give it a stir
- Bake at 375º for 1/2 hour, or turn down and keep hot while you get the buns ready.
Slice open the sub buns and line with cheddar cheese.
Grill under the broiler of your oven until the cheese is melted and the buns are toasted.
Load each bun with meatballs and sauce, and top with onions....you'll need a napkin!