Are you looking for a qucik meal to serve your family. These chicken breasts can be prepared and fried up quickly since they are pounded to a unifrom thickness..
click on the picture to enlarge the tutorial collage..
- 3 cups Japanese style Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried basil (or finely chop fresh)
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put the chicken breasts in a resealable bag and pound thin with either a heavy frying pan or a meat mallet.
- Combine the crumbs and the seasonings on a large dinner plate.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture on both sides.
- Heat a heavy large fry pan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the olive oil and then add the chicken but don't crowd the pan. The chicken will not brown properly if you crowd the pan. .the chicken will poach in the juices and you will not have a crispy coating.
- Brown on both sides and then move the chicken to a dish and pop into a 350 oven while you sear the remaining chicken breasts. When you have your last ones in the pan, turn down the heat to medium low and continue cooking until no pink remains in the middle of the meat. This should work out perfectly with the chicken that has continued to cook through in the oven.
- Serve with wedges of lemon and give them a squeeze over the chicken pieces.