With summer upon us, it is time for salads. Here's a Mediterranean twist to a pasta salad...quickly assembled and very tasty.
- 3 cups / 8 ounces of sea shell pasta *
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (or shredded Parmesan)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- black olives (optional)
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain. Rinse under cold running water and drain well. Allow pasta to cool.
- Combine pesto and sour cream in small bowl.
- Place pasta in large salad bowl, together with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, cheese, pine nuts and olives.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Four main dish servings.