Looking for a quick summer meal?
Sloppy Joes are an old time favorite that can be made last minute or ahead of time and frozen. This is a great meal for a crowd with kids. When my dad was an elementary school teacher, he would have his class over to our home for an end of the year party and mom would serve this meal to his students. Simply multiply the ingredients and make a huge pot. Serve with fresh buns, salads and chips. Pick up some Dixie cups for dessert and you're set...or for an amazing dessert after a simple meal make yesterdays recipe of Charlotte's Drumstick dessert. The nice thing about that one is that you can have that ready in the freezer too. Trust me....you'll be loved!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3-4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a skillet cook ground beef, onions, and peppers until meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients .
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve on toasted fresh buns.