This is such a quick and easy recipe that goes great with soup, salad, stew or chili.
The recipe has been adapted from different recipes, so many things can be added instead of just onions, like left over bacon or broccoli. Be creative and use what you have. It is good alternative to make when time is short and a hungry family awaits.....
- 2 cups flour (may use half whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. melted butter (1)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. snipped parsley
- Cook onion in 1 tbsp butter.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and add milk, egg, and mayo.
- Take the dough and place into a greased 8 or 9" round pan.
- Top with onion, cheese and parsley. ( I added half in the dough and topped it with the other half).
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.