And yes, you really do have to unwrap 64 Kraft Caramels, but patience is a virtue and ,in this case at least, you are 'richly' rewarded ! smile
(This is a big recipe but it freezes well - or you can cut it in half)
It will make one 18x15 baking sheet , or two 9x13 pans
64 Kraft Caramel candy
1 cup Carnation Evaporated milk
2 cups flour
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup butter (I use 1 cup)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
For Gluten-free - exchange 2 cups flour for
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
and make sure you use gluten-free oats
(same for both)1. melt caramels on top of the stove in the 1 cup evaporated milk on low heat.
2. mix flour, oats, soda, salt well
3. using your hands work butter into flour making crumbs.
4. using a little more than half of crumbs press into pans making a thin base
5. bake for 5 min. at 350'
6. pour caramel mixture over the baked base
7. sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over the caramel
8. crumble rest of crumbs over the top
9. bake for another 20 minutes or until golden
10. let set , cut while still warm and let harden in fridge.
11. try to eat just one piece !! smile
Note: I prefer to store these in the fridge until serving time - especially with the gluten-free ones, and they are great from freezer to mouth. smile