- 1 350 gram pkg. Olivieri Cheese Tortellini (or use herb and cheese)
- 1 each red, green and yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 jar 700 ml. Classico pasta sauce (spicy red pepper is great)
- 1 - 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I like to add a little Parmesan as well)
- 1 pound farmer sausage, sliced diagonally (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Stir fry veggies until tender crisp.
- Add to cooked, drained pasta...along with pasta sauce.
- Stir together and put into casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Cook at 350°F for 30-40...covering until near the end.
*If you are adding sausage, saute and stir in before putting into casserole dish.
Serve with a green salad and enjoy the taste of home-cooked Italian without a whole lot of home-cooking.
*Note ~ The Olivieri pasta is a Canadian product...but use your favorite fresh tortellini. Canadian products are sold by metric measure...metric conversion tables are readily available on-line, although measures aren't too important in this dish.