1 c water
1/2 c butter
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
½ cup raisins, plumped
- Plump raisins by soaking them in boiling water for a few minutes, then strain.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan and bring to boil. Add flour all at once, stirring over low heat beat with wooden spoon 1 min or till mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth, thick dough.
- Remove from heat. Continue to beat 2 min. to cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating each in well. The eggs will be slipping and sliding at first, but keep stirring, until they are mixed in well.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop by tsp on greased and floured cookie sheet and bake at 375F about 25 min - till golden.
- Spread with lemon frosting while warm.
Lemon Frosting: Melt 1 Tbsp butter. Stir in 1 1/2 Tbsp cream. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 c icing sugar, 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp vanilla.