- 1 package rolled out frozen puff pastry thawed for 2 hours on the counter
- 4 ripe Bartlett pears peeled, cored and sliced as shown above
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- sliced almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lay pastry over a tart pan with a removable bottom. Trim and crimp edges.
- Arrange pears in a symmetrical pattern.
- Put remaining ingredients (except almonds) in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling over the pears.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds around the edge.
- Bake until filling and crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
The result is a light tender pastry that holds the pear custard.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.