- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c butter or margarine
- ¾ c sugar
- ½ c butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c milk
- about 8 Italian plums, cut in half
- ¾ c icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- In small bowl, stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon for topping. With pastry blender cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and vanilla.
- Add combined dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 10 inch spring-form pan.
- Arrange plums, cut side up, on top of batter.
- Sprinkle evenly with topping.
- Bake at 350 F. about 50 min, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 min. Remove rim of pan.
- Mix glaze and drizzle over cake.
(If you line the greased pan with wax paper and grease again, you can slide the cake onto a serving plate. Otherwise just leave the cake on the plate of the baking pan and place that on a serving plate once it’s cooled.)