- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/4 chopped green pepper
- 1- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 c cooked chicken, cubed
- 7 oz can green chili peppers, chopped
- (OR canned jalapeno peppers - I use about 10 slices, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican spices
- ½ tsp coriander or chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (OR dissolve 1 bouillon cube in 1 1/2 c hot water)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups jack cheese, (OR cheddar), divided
10 small soft flour tortillas
- In saucepan, cook onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Combine onion mixture with chicken and chili peppers in a bowl.
- In saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp butter blend in flour, spices and salt with whisk; adding broth and tomato sauce, stirring until bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and 1/2 the cheese.
- Stir half the sauce into chicken mixture in bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over bottom of baking dish.
- Soften tortillas by warming and fill each with some chicken mixture. Roll up.
- Arrange filled tortillas in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 F for 25 min or until bubbly.
- Serve with Spanish rice, baked beans and veggies with a sour cream dip.