1/2 chopped onion
1/4 chopped green pepper
1- 2 Tbsp butter
2 c cooked chicken, cubed
7 oz can green chili peppers, chopped
(OR canned jalapeno peppers - I use about 10 slices,
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Mexican spices
½ tsp coriander of chili powder
½ tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
(OR dissolve 1 bouillon cube in hot water)
1 cup tomato sauce
½ cup sour cream
2 cups jack cheese, (OR cheddar), divided
- In saucepan, cook onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Combine onion mixture with chicken and chili peppers in a bowl.
- In saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp butter blend in flour, spices and salt with whisk; adding broth and tomato sauce, stirring until bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and 1/2 the cheese.
- Stir half the sauce into chicken mixture in bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over bottom of baking dish.
- Soften tortillas by warming and fill each with some chicken mixture. Roll up.
- Arrange filled tortillas in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350F for 25 min or until bubbly.
- Serve with Spanish rice, baked beans and veggies with a sour cream dip.