This creamy dessert has been a family favorite for years and is often requested instead of a birthday cake. I originally posted it right here on my daughter's 30th birthday and more recently served it for my granddaughters' fifteenth birthday celebration. Garnish with strawberries or cherries during the holiday season, with a lemon peel spiral in spring or with fresh berries in summer. It's a dessert for all seasons!
- graham wafers
- vanilla pudding and pie filling, 6-serving size
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 square semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Line 9 x 13 inch ungreased pan with whole graham wafers, trimming to fit.
- Cook pudding with milk as directed, using only 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Allow to cool; spread over graham crackers in pan.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff. Spread over pudding.
- Top with second layer of whole graham crackers, trimming to fit.
- Mix icing sugar and milk together well. It needs to be fairly thin (add more milk if necessary). Spread over cracker layer.
- Melt chocolate with butter (in microwave). Drizzle over top.
- Chill. Let stand overnight before serving.