Pear Soup Ingredients:
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 fresh pears peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup crumbled Stilton Cheese
- Toasted walnuts to garnish
- In a heavy bottom dutch oven or pot add the broth and wine.
- Add peeled and cored pear chunks to the broth and wine and poach over medium heat until pears are soft.
- Puree the pears until smooth using a hand immersion blender or a stand blender.
- If you used a stand blender put the puree back into the pot and add the cheeses.
- Lower the heat and stir until cheeses are melted and smooth.
- Serve in small bowls garnished with toasted walnuts.
- Serves 4-6 with hearty portions or 12 with small starter portions.
Add a few pomegranate seeds or bacon bits to add extra flavor and color splash to the soup.
If you do not like Stilton cheese you can substitute the Stilton for Gruyere and use a full cup.