This creamy dessert has been a family favorite for many years and is my daughter's choice for a birthday cake. She's not big on cakes and since today was her 30th birthday she got to pick and choose! I got this recipe from my friend Wendy about twenty years ago, but have seen versions of it in recipe books.
- graham wafers
- vanilla pudding and pie filling, 6-serving size
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipping cream (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 square semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Line 9 x 13 inch un-greased pan with whole graham wafers, trimming to fit.
- Cook pudding with milk as directed, using only 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Allow to cool; spread over graham crackers in pan.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff. Spread over pudding.
- Top with second layer of whole graham crackers, trimming to fit.
- Mix icing sugar and milk together well. It needs to be fairly thin (add more milk if necessary). Spread over cracker layer.
- Melt chocolate with butter (in microwave). Drizzle over top.
- Chill. Let stand overnight before serving.