This salad has to be tasted before one realizes it is one of those unexpectedly delightful flavor mixes. Who would think of mixing cottage cheese with lime jello?
My sister-in-law, a good forty-some years ago served this salad when we were at her house.
To be polite, I took a small spoonful - but to my surprise I LOVED it ! Of course I asked her for the recipe and it has, over the years, continued to be my favorite jello salad.
- 2 pkgs - 3 oz. lime jello
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup cream - whipped
- 1/2 cup salad dressing - Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped fine
- 12 oz. or 1 1/2 cups of creamed cottage cheese
- Dissolve jello in hot water and let partially set, then whip jello
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let set in fridge.