For this Flash Back Friday I pulled up a recipe I posted a few years ago here.
I altered a couple of the ingredients in my recipe. I changed the flour and used less xanthan gum. Otherwise I left the recipe and method as it was.
My granddaughter, who loves Biscotti, declared the changes an improvement ... and I found the dough was easier to handle. For your convenience I'll rewrite the recipe with the changes here.
- 2 cups Julie's Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Beat softened butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until light.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Form into a ball and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Shape dough into 2 or 3 logs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool ... cut into fingers or slices and bake for another 20 minutes until dry.
- Let cool until thoroughly dry, then dip tips into melted chocolate if desired, or use my granddaughter's favorite accompaniment, on the side - Nutella. Or eat them plain, dunked into coffee.