Several years ago, a friend shared her simple tip for marinating chicken...and that was using the Greek dressing which she always had in her fridge. Since then I have often done just that, and though 'longer is always better' when it comes to marinating, even a 30 minute soaking in the dressing gives the chicken great flavour. Today's recipe features a Greek-style chicken kebob sandwich.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Greek dressing (your favorite)
- 6-8 wooden skewers
- 4 naan bread
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Cube chicken breasts into about 1" pieces. Place in bowl and pour Greek dressing over, stirring to coat all the pieces. Cover bowl and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour.
- Thread cubed chicken onto skewers. Grill on medium-hot for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Grill naan bread for about 30 seconds per side, just to heat through.
- Brush naan bread with tzatziki sauce.
- Add lettuce, , tomato, cucumber and red onion as desired.
- Slide chicken cubes from skewer and onto naan bread.
- Roll into a sandwich and wrap in parchment to serve.
Why not serve the hot-off-the-grill chicken kebobs on a bed of rice with a Greek salad for dinner tonight. Grill a few extra kebobs for tomorrow's sandwiches!