This naturally gluten free drop cookie is so quick and easy to make. I found the inspiration for this great recipe on Rock Recipes. It satisfies a chocolate craving and makes a bowl of ice cream and strawberries feel like a special dessert.
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder (I use Starbucks)
- 3/4 cup egg whites (about 4 large egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients through a sieve 3 times until it all looks the same color.
- Add the egg whites, vanilla, and vinegar and beat together until thick and glossy and smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Spray the parchment lightly with cooking spray.
- Drop 12 large teaspoons of cookie dough on each cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until cookies puff up and have a crackled top.
- Let the cookies completely cool before removing from parchment paper.
Makes 36 cookies