Since the raspberry season is just beginning...it's time to roll out those berry recipes! We had a birthday party at the beach for two special 'sons' last night...and found out that fresh raspberry pie with a sparkler makes a fine birthday cake.
Fresh Raspberry Pie
- 1 baked 9 or 10-inch pie crust
- 4 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jello
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- In 4-cup glass measure or small mixing bowl, combine water, sugar and cornstarch.
- Microwave at High for 2 to 5 minutes (until thickened and clear) stirring every minute.
- Stir in raspberry jello....cool 10 minutes.
- Pour carefully over the berries in the pie shell.
- Refrigerate several hours...serve with whipped cream.
Enjoy the ultimate summer dessert...together with some good friends.
* Note...the glaze is one I adapted from a fresh peach pie recipe and works well in any flavour!