Fresh Raspberry Pie:
- 1 baked 9 or 10-inch pie crust
- 4 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jello
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- In 4-cup glass measure or small mixing bowl, combine water, sugar and cornstarch.
- Microwave at High for 2 to 5 minutes (until thickened and clear) stirring every minute.
- Stir in raspberry jello. Cool about 10 minutes.
- Pour carefully over the berries in the pie shell.
- Refrigerate several hours; serve with whipped cream.
Enjoy the ultimate summer dessert together with some good friends.
* The glaze is one I adapted from a fresh peach pie recipe and works well in any flavour!