Welcome to September and lunch box time. Here's a quick and easy recipe that keeps well in the refrigerator and freezes well too. Kids always enjoy Rice Krispie Squares and this recipe is the original with the addition of Nesquik, which is powdered chocolate drink mix. Don't mistake this chocolate mix for baking cocoa. Nestle Nesquik gives a more mild milk chocolate flavour to these squares.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 5 tbsp Nestle Nesquik powdered drink mix
- 1 bag large marshmallows (approx 40 count)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large pot melt butter along with marshmallows over medium heat. Once marshmallows are almost all melted, stir in the Nesquik powder and continue to stir until mixture bubbles and all the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Immediately stir in Rice Krispies and stir well.
- Spread mixture in a greased 9x13 pan. Refrigerate or freeze.