We had such an amazing harvest of pears this year from our one pear tree and I was searching for ways to use them up. This is a simple recipe with a nice creamy result. If you really enjoy creamy, you can serve it with ice cream or whip cream, too.
Creamy Pear Bake
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cored and sliced fresh pears ( I did not peel mine but you could if you prefer)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a medium sized baking dish.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt.
- Gently toss and incorporate this mixture with the pears.
- Mix the sour cream and extracts together.
- Add this mixture to the pears and gently toss till incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients till crumbly.
- Dot the top of the pear mixture with the topping.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the topping is browned and mixture is bubbling.