Rhubarb is at it's best right now so why not make this delicious dessert for tonight's supper?
Rhubarb and Blueberries make a fabulous flavour combination.
Serve it hot from the oven or cold; plain or with ice cream or whipped cream.
The choice is yours.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine, grated
- dash of salt
- Place fresh or frozen rhubarb and blueberries in a 9x9" glass pan. (rhubarb will darken an aluminum pan) If using frozen fruit, do not thaw first.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, oatmeal and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add grated butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in preheated 350º F oven for about 20-30 minutes or until fruit begins to bubble and topping is browned.
- Serve hot or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Serves makes 6-9 servings.