We live right next door to a green house filled with peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers. I cannot resist running across the road at any given time and picking up my fresh vegetables. Each spring I plant a small herb garden with dill, parsley, peppermint, and rosemary. I also love to grow basil, but it loves a warm dry climate...so I purchased myself a basil plant and it sits on my kitchen window sill. You can never go wrong by adding fresh herbs to any salad.
- 2 long cucumbers peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup bocconcini bites halved (soft cheese)
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, basil, dill, and parsley
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, cheese and herbs in large bowl.
- Mix oil and vinegar together adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend dressing together with vegetables and refrigerate.
Find yourself a pot and plant your favorite herbs.
You can't help exploring herbs through a sense of taste.
Add your favorite grilled steak and you have a perfect meal for a hot summer day.