How about baking up big cookies for hungry helpers or maybe your hungry hard working Dad?
When we have a large group helping us on the farm I bake up these cookies to give them an energy boost and let them know we appreciate hard work.
This recipe will make 40 large cookies that have a soft and moist texture.
Keep the baked cookies frozen for the best taste fresh flavour.
- 1 pound butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 5 cups quick oatmeal
- 5 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 F for single rack baking in regular oven or 275 F convection multi-rack.
- Cube butter to soften.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars and beat with a wooden spoon or in your mixing machine according to manufacture instructions.
- Add eggs one a a time and then add cream and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Refrigerate for several hours and then use a large ice cream scoop, heaping the scoop to make 1/2 cup balls. Use hands to round the balls and place 6 on a large cookie sheet.
- Do not flatten. Bake 30 minutes.