Pork Chops baked slowly in a mushroom sauce is a comfort meal for me.
Use the sauce over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes and enjoy this wintertime favourite.
You can use boneless chops if you want but the flavour with the bone in chops makes this dish better yet.
- 4 centre cut bone in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 3/4 can milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add oil and heat for a half minute. Sear pork chops on both sides and set aside on a plate while you caramelize the onions and mushrooms.
- Add butter to pan as well as the onion and mushrooms. Turn heat to medium and stir occasionally until the onions and mushrooms have a golden colour.
- Add the soup, milk and thyme.
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray, add pork chops and cover with sauce.
- Bake at 325 for one hour.