This slow cooker meal is simple to prepare. Throw your ingredients in the slow cooker, you will need at least a 3 quart size, and your meal cooks while you are doing other things. I love meals like this, especially in winter when it just spells comfort and simplicity! This chicken is delicious with tostadoes, tortilla chips or wrapped up in tortilla shells. Leftovers..if you have any..freeze welI.
We had a Mexican themed pot luck at church, it was the perfect gluten free dish to bring to this event.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 540 ml / 19 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 540 ml / 19 oz can white kidney beans, drained
- 2 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon taco powder
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour beans over the chicken.
- Mix together salsa, chili powder, and taco powder and pour over the beans.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork.
- Put shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and mix in with the beans.
- Cook 1 more hour on low.
- Serve with pickles and your favorite tortilla chips, shells or tostadoes.