My favourite part of this banana bread is the top.
I strategically break off pieces to make sure I have a bit of topping with every bite.
Walnuts, bananas and chocolate were meant to be together and this moist banana bread is a perfect cold winter treat.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, about 3 large
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips (divided 1 and 1/4)
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, (make sure they taste fresh and divide 3/4 and 1/2 )
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a large loaf pan.
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Combine the wet ingredients and brown sugar in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir just until dry ingredients are moist and then add the larger amounts of chocolate chips and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Pour into loaf pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and walnuts on top.
- Bake 50 - 55 minutes. A toothpick should come clean out of the center.
- Cool on rack. Wrap well and refrigerate. It slices easier chilled.