This recipe is a version of my cousin's summer noodle salad. It's great as a complete meal along with some crusty bread or as part of a salad bar or summer potluck. Serves 6 - 8 as a side.
- 1 cup orzo noodles
- 100 - 150 grams Gypsy salami, about 1 cup cubed (or any other salami)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped fine
- 1/2 small red pepper, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tsp better-than bouillon (or 1/2 bouillon cube) dissolved in 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix all salad ingredients
- Stir in combined dressing ingredients. Can be mixed and refrigerated several hours before serving.