Why not have a cookie or two for breakfast every so often? Many of us eat toast with jam, cinnamon buns, waffles and pancakes for breakfast. These are not too sweet and have just a touch of cinnamon in them. These are a good lunch box snack too, and they freeze well.
Ingredients: (makes approximately 16 cookies)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash cinnamon
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup raisins (make sure they are fresh)
- Beat together oil, butter, egg and sugars until creamy.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until everything is well incorporated.
- Drop mounds of cookie dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake in oven pre heated to 350º for 9-10 minutes. Remove immediately to cooling rack.