Smoothies are both nutritious and fun to make for young and old(er) alike.
When the grands come to visit I love that I can give them something that feels like a treat while it pumps them full of antioxidants and vitamins.
I pour them each a glassful and then pour whatever is left into my own glass to give me a bit of extra energy for the rest of the day.
The varieties are endless...
what is your favorite smoothie flavour?
- liquid of your choice (milk, juice, almond milk or greek yogurt)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 pineapple spear
- 2 large strawberries
- 1 small banana
- 4 ice cubes
- a bit of agave syrup (just a tiny bit if necessary to sweeten)
- Add 1/2 cup liquid to your blender jar first and then the fruit through the hole in the lid while it is running.
- Add ice cubes last and then a bit of extra liquid to make the right consistency.
- Blend until creamy smooth and enjoy!