Teriyaki-Lemon Glazed Chicken
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, microplaned
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts thin cut
- In large skillet combine lemon juice, soy sauce, white and brown sugar, water, garlic and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. 2-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook 15 to 20 minutes or till thoroughly cooked turning after 10 minutes.
- Optional: Remove chicken and cook down glaze till it thickens somewhat and drizzle over the chicken before serving.
If you purchase whole chicken breasts instead of thin cut just halve the breasts lengthwise to make them thinner.