The sun is promising to shine for the May Day long weekend just around the corner, so you may be needing some extra salads on hand. This salad is chocked full of nutritious ingredients. It can be made ahead of time and it's big enough to take to any potluck. It's an all time favorite in our home and promises you a crisp texture with a crunchy bite.
- 6 cups chopped chinese cabbage
- 6 cups chopped bok choy
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 package oriental noodles
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds.
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons soya sauce
- Seasoning from noodle mix.
- In a large bowl toss first five ingredients. You can prepare this ahead of time.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Just prior to serving, add toasted nuts and noodles. (this avoids soggy noodles)
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Tip: I usually roast large amounts of almonds and sesame seeds so that they are always available.
I roast them at 350 degrees for up to 10 minutes stirring frequently so they do not burn. Bag them and put them in the freezer or refrigerator.