"Gather a bouquet of nice things each day!" - Wonderful advice that would surely include a perfect oatmeal cookie shared with someone you love!
Oatmeal cookies have always been my favourite cookie and although I have made and posted other gf oatmeal cookie recipes they were never quite good enough for me to stop trying to tweek a better recipe version.
This Final Oatmeal Cookie will satisfy that for me! This cookie from mixing to eating has none of the undesirable characteristics that a gluten free cookie can have.
While the recipe is a fairly large one, extra cookies can be frozen or freeze some of the dough for future 'warm out of the oven' cookies that leave a kitchen mess-free!
Final Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter - room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (4 serving size) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups gf oat flakes
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces
- OR instead of the cranberries/walnuts , add your own variations - raisins, chocolate chips.
- Whip butter and sugar , then add eggs and vanilla and beat.
- Add the instant vanilla pudding and the milk and beat until perfectly smooth.
- Add the blended dry ingredients all at once , mixing well.
- Stir in the oat flakes and the cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet (greased or lined with parchment paper) - flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Try to eat just one !